The aim of the training is to improve negotiations skills in dealing
with demanding customer.
Benefits for the participants:
Gaining and improving skills in the areas of:
- Preparing for negotiation
- Identifying the aims for each negotiation process
- Identifying the areas for negotiations
- Analysing your situation as well as your partner’s one
- Rules for win-win negotiation
- Adjusting your negotiating style to the situation
- Building relationship even with a difficult client
- Tips and tricks for making negotiations more successful
Gaining your knowledge of:
- Preparing for the negotiation process
- Potential risks within the process
- Negotiation styles
- Building your Best Alternative To Negotiated Agreement
- Some negotiations techniques
- Positive and negative influence of the techniques being used
- Coping with the stress during the negotiations
- Making an impact on your partner
The aim of which is to make a solid fundamentals for effective work
throughout the whole training
1. Who is who – getting to know each other.
2. Setting the scene – programme, rules and expectations
3. Raising creativity – creating atmosphere and environment for
Ways of negotiating
The aim of this part is to make an introduction to the negotiations
understood as a process of cooperating with your partner
1. Identifying the participant’s current knowledge about negotiations.
2. Skill set needed in the process of negotiating.
3. Individual styles in negotiation
Negotiating as effective communication
In this part we will have a look at the communication know-how and how
it can be smartly used in negotiation
1. Negotiations as exchanging ideas, needs and expectations of partners
in the communication process
2. Making use of verbal communication in practical way.
3. Understanding the non-verbal communication meanings.
People’s Ways of Communicating
Where we will speak about individual style used by people and how quick
identification of your partner’s style help in negotiation.
1. Personal Communication Styles.
2. It’s the differences that make it difficult. How to overcome them.
Assertive behaviour is helpful
And how it can help in staying calm during talks
1. Assertion self-analysis
2. 4 life position according to transactional analysis of Eric Berne’s
3. Identify ways of assertive communication and it’s influence on your
attitude and emotions
Dealing with difficult client
The aim of this part if to reinforce the participant in the ways of
dealing with people who are angry or demanding
1. Each difficult client is different; what are what they really need?
2. How to deal with them? Techniques PIW and POPO
3. Actively using your communication skills
In this part we will be speaking about what it takes to make a good deal
1. Negotiations and conflict management styles – self analysis
2. Positional negotiations – techniques and their impact
3. Interest based negotiations – maximising benefits of both parties
4. Negotiations Game as a practical approach
How you can approach the most difficult client and keep him.
1. Good preparations as the base of negotiations.
2. Fail to plan – plan to fail.
3. BATNA as the best predictor of future performance.
Manipulation in Negotiation process
The aim if this part is to show the influence of using techniques of
negotiations versus manipulation
1. Why people try to manipulate others?
2. Some manipulating tricks
3. Risks and benefits of using it.
Strengths and weaknesses if individual styles
The aim of this part is to direct work towards each and every individual
concerning their potential.
1. Summary of the knowledge and skills gained
2. Indicate areas of further improvement
3. Focus on implementation
Summary of the training
1. Mind mapping – group work
2. Evaluation of the training
WAYS OF WORK
- Group discussion
- Exercises in small groups
- Negotiation games
- Individual questionnaires
Please note this programme is a general idea of the areas that can be
discussed during the training. We will be happy to adjust this programme
to your specific needs.